A) Infrastructural facility
Success of academic and cultural activities of any institution depends upon its supporting infrastructural facilities. Double storey building of the college situated at the outskirt of Basohli town situated at a distance of 3 km from Basohli bus stand. Our college, though a young institute provides fully equipped laboratories of Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany and Computer Applications, 06 lecture theatres, 04 small class rooms, sports block, girls common room, library containing books of various subjects and eight small cabins for the faculty members . The college also has one smart class room equipped with latest technology of ICT based on teaching learning process. The college also provides playfield for the outdoor games.
B) National Service Scheme (NSS)
To foster a spirit of brotherhood, communal harmony, service to humanity in general and rural folk in particular among the students, the college provides the platform to the willing students. In this regard, the college established NSS Unit comprising of 100 volunteers who are willingly serving the Nation with discipline, dedication and devotion under the guidance of NSS programme officer of the college. NSS unit works as per directions and programme calendar issued by the NSS Programme Coordinator, university of Jammu. NSS volunteers are required to devote at least 120 hours per year in various social activities and have to attend 10 days NSS camp as per eligibility criteria for NSS Certification.
C) National Cadet Corps (NCC)
To inculcate a sense of discipline, patriotic sprit, leadership and idealism among the youth, the college provides facility for NCC training to volunteer under the able guidance of Associate NCC Officer. The NCC is a voluntary organisation where cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. This stimulates interest in the defence of the country as also builds up a reserve of men power for the armed forces, NCC C-Certificate holders are exempted from the written test of CDS/IMA.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Every enrolled NCC cadet has to undergo two parades of 2 hours each in week and is required to attend 40 parades in a year.
- All cadets need to maintain 75% attendance in the parades so as to become eligible for certificate exams.
- It is mandatory for the enrolled students to attend one camp.
- The uniforms issued to the cadet are to be used with great care. These are to be returned at the end of the session.
- Misbehaviour and misconduct in NCC activities can debar the cadet from appearing in the B-certificate and C-certificate examinations.
- Enrolled cadets are covered by insurance against any mishap during the training.
D) Red Ribbon Club
Red ribbon club of the college has been entrusted to enrol maximum number of volunteers both male and female during the start of the academic session and enlightened them about the various issues like AIDS- causes and its prevention, drug addiction and other social issues under the banner of red ribbon club.
E) Games And Sports
Games and sports are an integral part of any institution and contributed in the overall development of the students in terms of healthy mind and body. College possesses the facility for both indoor and outdoor games. After through screening, PTI provide practice and trained the students for various tournaments at college as well as University level. Extraordinary players are considered for the award at end of the session. Games are played regularly and every student is encouraged to play at least one game. The students are provided with all necessary facilities like equipment, uniform, travelling allowance and refreshment for practice session as well as during the tournaments. College teams are announced on the basis of rigorous selection process.
The college has a well-equipped library, which efficiently caters the need of the students. It is the resource centre that supports and enhances the college curriculum. The College has sufficient stock of books both for students and teaching staff. College library is housed in a spacious hall in the centre of first floor of the college building. It has about six thousand no. of books which include the books of General Knowledge, competitive examinations, reference books apart from books of the relevant subjects. All the books are systematically arranged in the Amirah’s as per given book no. To update the knowledge of students, college has subscribed newspapers and magazines in the library.
- Library Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Every member must sign the register available at the entrance.
- Students have to bear the Identity Card for entering the Library.
- Books will be issued to only individuals and not to groups or areas.
- Books once issued, should not be brought inside, unless it is to be returned.
- Users should not deface, cut, mutilate or damage Library Materials (including documents) in any form. If found guilty, User will be charged double the cost of that particular material.
- Newspapers and Magazines must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- Eatables/bags/personal books or journals in the library will not be allowed.
- For unpriced gratis publications misplaced, rate as approved by Library Committee will be applicable.
- In case the price of the lost book is not traced the fixed amount of rupees 500/- will be charged for sciences and rupees 400/- for social sciences languages and others.
- Journals /Reference Books/ Reports will not be issued from the library.
- A maximum of 02 (Two) books will be issued to a student for a maximum of 15 days from the date of issue.
- A fine of Re 1/- per day/ per book will be charged for overdue books.
- In case of loss/damage/disfiguring/tearing of pages of Library books, student will be charged twice the prevailing cost of the book. So, ensure you are not receiving any such book else report it to the library staff.
- A maximum of 5 (Five) books will be issued to a Faculty member for a period of one month from the date of issue.
- A maximum of 02 (Six) books will be issued to a Staff member for a period of one month from the date of issue.
- A fine of Re 1/- per day/ per book will be charged for overdue books.
G) College Bus
The college has well maintained bus facility plying to residing areas for a hassle free travel for the students. It provides an additional facility to the students coming from adjoining villages so that every student after passing 12th class get enrolled and avail the benefit of higher education with zero dropout. To ply the bus between the adjoining villages and Town Basohli a committee is framed in which students also become its part and all the modalities are framed which varies from one session to another by considering the interest of the students. This transport facility which is at concessional rate makes the students to reach the college and back to their homes comfortable on time.
H) Picnic and Subject Tour
To get acquainted with the background of the theoretical knowledge, subject tours of various subjects are arranged every year. They are exclusively aimed to impart the practical knowledge among the students. Field surveys with respect to economic status etc. are also carried out as a part of academic activity. This is an academic exercise which makes the students familiar with social and cultural heritage of the adjoining areas and state.
In order to reduce the pressure and tension, picnics and outgoings are planned which provides students with the chance to get rejuvenated with the fun and recharge them again for their schedule academic life.
College canteen functions during the working hours of the college, which caters to the needs of the students and the staff at reasonable rate.
J) Women Development Cell
The main objective of the cell is to wide spread awareness about Women related issues and to conduct various gender equality programmes in order to provide conductive environment. It regularly holds seminars guest lectures on issues related to women empowerment.